You’ll want to keep this recipe handy over the holidays – these easy Christmas Pretzel Rods are the perfect thing to have on hand for all of your Christmas celebrations. They also make a lovely treat for all of those people in your life that you want to give a little gift to over the holidays, like teachers, neighbours, bus drivers and babysitters.
Easy Christmas Pretzel Rods Recipe:
- Brown candy coating, milk chocolate chips, or chocolate almond bark
- White candy coating, white chocolate chips, or vanilla almond bark
- Green candy coating (optional)
- Red candy coating (optional)
- Assorted Christmas sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions. Be careful not to overheat the candy, or it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour candy coating over two-thirds of the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess.
- If applying sprinkles, do so immediately, rotating the pretzel rods to coat all sides. (Larger sprinkles work best if placed individually.)
- Place pretzel rod on waxed paper or cooling rack. (Note: Waxed paper makes for easier release.)
- If drizzling with additional colored candy melts, allow initial candy coating to set completely. Then, use a spoon or fork to drizzle candy coating over the pretzel rods. Before the pretzel sets, gently pick it up and move to clean wax paper.
- Let pretzel rods dry completely before packaging or serving.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the pretzel to soften.