5-Ingredient Chewy Coconut Macaroons
These delicious, chewy coconut macaroons are a quick and easy treat you can enjoy anytime. They’re also gluten-free, so if you or any of your holiday guests need to avoid gluten, this is the perfect treat to make for the holidays.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 8-10 macaroons
Note: Actual cooking time may vary slightly, so check after 10 minutes the first time you make them to prevent over-browning.
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, briskly beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the honey, vanilla, coconut, and salt into the egg whites with a spatula until thoroughly combined. Do not overwork, but it may require a few folds for the ingredients to start to incorporate with one another.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of space in between to prevent overcrowding.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the cookies become golden brown on top and around the edges, around 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.